OUR WORK || Let us fight Breast Cancer together
GWHI spreads the word against breast cancer and empowers you with the knowledge about risk factors and how you can reduce your risk.
- 6th Oct Sukh Chan Club
- 8th Oct Royal Palm
- 19th Oct Beaconhouse National University
- 20th Oct Walk against breast Cancer
JOIN US IN THE WAR AGAINST BREAST CANCER
EMPOWER YOURSELF WITH KNOWLEDGE
Awareness about the risk factors and any warning signs is crucial for early diagnosis. Please see your doctor urgently if you notice any of the following.
- Breast lump that persists or is a new development
- Breast pain or tenderness (in around 15% of cases)
- A change in the size, shape or contour of the breast
- An area that is distinctly different from any other area
- A lump or thickening in or near the breast or in the underarm
- A change in the feel or appearance of the skin on the breast or nipple (dimpled, puckered, scaly or inflamed)
- Nipple inversion, rash or bloody or clear fluid discharge from the nipples
- Redness of the skin on the breast or nipple
- Swelling of the upper arm or in the armpit
Early diagnosis means that complete treatment may be possible.